I knew that if I didn't write my experience down, right after the Marathon, that I would forget some things...I sure have. But, as always, I had a great time and a wonderful experience for sure. I had the chance to see and run with more friends during this race than ever. Rob ran the half (instead of the full, because of his Plantar Fascists) with Courtney. My sweet friend Kimberly (who I met a couple of years back at the Leavenworth Marathon) ran the full Marathon with me. Rhett (Courtney's better half) ran the full too.
Rob had a fantastic time running with our dear friend Courtney (who ran it for the first time). He just had a great experience and just really enjoyed the company. He was a great motivator and an enthusiast. He made Courtney smile plenty, and made it more bearable for her. He is such a great friend to have. I'm hoping he can run the full next year with me.
Kimberly and I did awesome for about 19 miles. We stayed together pretty well and had a fabulous pace. Then Kim had some cramps and made a few stops to stretch (been there and done it myself, so I totally felt for her). I stopped a couple of times with her, but it was starting to affect my energy level and throw off my rhythm. So, I ran ahead. We caught up at some point and then separated again. I lacked the UMPH by mile 22. I could tell my energy level had gone down. I never experienced that before, or maybe I did, but usually, in the past, I was occupied with some kind of ache or pain, so I never noticed it. I had the GU, Gels and electrolytes, but it didn't do the trick to get my pace back again. So, I had to walk on and off for about 2 miles. I felt no aches, no pains, just fatigue. I was injury FREE when I crossed the Finish line! YAY!
Kim stayed not too far behind. I met up with her not too long after I had crossed the finish line. It was such a joy to hug her and walked together thru the crowd of runners towards our families. She has always been such an inspiration to me and such a delight to be around with. I'm just sad that she had to move to Alabama this Summer.
Rhett was looking great the times I saw him on the race course. He had a smile on his face and we gave each other some high fives. This was his very first Full Marathon and he did awesome. Congratulations to Courtney and Rhett. I'm so proud of you two!
I never run a race without taking the time to pray first for the Lord's protection and inspiration, and without asking Rob for a Priesthood blessing. I felt the Lord watching over us, again, and helping us get through the race without any injuries. I truly felt loved and cared for. I know I cannot run these races without Divine Intervention. The Lord is the only one that carries me to the finish line in every race, especially Marathons. I'm so blessed to have the ability to run. I have found greater closeness to Heavenly Father and my Savior through my running, especially when training for a Marathon. It is during the longer runs that I find myself thinking, talking and pondering about spiritual things. I look at all that is around me and feel a great love, respect and appreciation for my Creator and Redeemer.
Life is truly a JOY! There is so much good all around us. It is truly up to us to see it and seek after it. I find JOY in running, especially when I have Rob and friends to join me. It is part of my happy life. It is part of my Journey here on earth. I must endure it well, and running teaches me the better part of how to do so better!
Thank you Rob for being such a super duper sport about running these races with me and making them so fun for me. Thank you for the time we spent together (specially when it is out of town). It sure has made our relationship, friendship, and marriage so much better. We have grown so much closer together because of running. Thank you for making it a part of your life too. You are my best friend!
Thursday, October 11, 2012
Seattle Rock N' Roll Marathon 2012...
Where we stayed at in Seattle- cute Hotel!
At the Finish Line- We did it!
Go COurtney GO!!!
Kim's support group
Who ate Mexican Food before a big race? We did! Not a good idea...
PRE-RACE- Morning of the race, getting ready
Courtney and I before we started
Our well-earned meadals
Courtney at Finish Line
Courtney and Rhett before taking off
My best friend and I- ready, set, go...
Kimberly and I
Right at the Start...
In Memory of Mark Lambert (reason why I run this race every year)
Posted by
Tobler Bunch
at
12:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)







.jpg)






http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4048/4284255242_22a964d5f5_o.jpg"/>








http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee180/juliewuliee/Headers%202/meal%20planning%20magic/linkcopy.png"/>









No comments:
Post a Comment